12.20.2012

YA Superlative Blogfest: Best in Show



It's the last day of the YA Superlative Blogfest! I hope you've all enjoyed my picks, or at least found some new books to add to your TBR list.

Here are my picks for "Best in Show."

Favorite Cover
It's a tie between:

Crewel by Gennifer Albin

AND


A Million Suns by Beth Revis
(I'm a sucker for stars.)

Cutest Couple

Hazel + Augustus from The Fault in Our Stars

Most Likely to Succeed (Or, pick a Printz Winner.)

The Fault in our Stars by John Green

Most Likely to Make You Miss Your Bedtime (The book you just couldn’t put down!)

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Best Repeat Performance (Your favorite sequel or follow-up.)

A Million Suns by Beth Revis

Breakout Novel (Your favorite book by a debut author.)

Crewel by Gennifer Albin
This was tough to pick, as I had several favorite debuts this year, but this one came out on top.

Best Old-Timer (Your favorite read of the year, published BEFORE 2012.)
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Yes, I finally got around to reading this. Loved it so much, and the movie was a fantastic adaptation.

Most Likely to Make a Grown Man Cry

The Fault in our Stars by John Green

Sleeper Hit (Book you found so awesome you wish it had been hyped more.)

Ten by Gretchen McNeil


Which books made your list this year? Let me know in the comments!

5 comments:

  1. I am seeing a whole lot of THE FAULT IN OUR STARS today, which is no surprise. I guess I should finally read the copy I won from the lovely Katy Upperman. :) I also need to get my hands on CREWEL and TEN because I'm seeing them listed as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for The Fault In Our Stars! You'd think we'd have got bored of putting it on every list this week, but NO ;) I had mixed feelings on Crewel, but the US cover is so cool! I've been looking forward to Ten for a while, need to get a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SO HAPPY to see someone else pick PERKS for their pre-2012 book! I re-read it and loved it just as much as I did the first time I read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover of A MILLION SUNS too--wish they hadn't totally redesigned them! Now my copies won't match each other!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never got around to reading A MILLION SUNS. I don't know why my library doesn't have it! I need to write them a letter or something.

    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete